Who we are
Xigen is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 4418380. Our registered office is: Stephenson Court, Priory Business Park, Fraser Rd, Bedford MK44 3WJ
What is personal data
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process certain information whenever you interact with us. For example, information may be collected when you send us feedback, complete an enquiry form, request a service or engage in certain other activities on our site. On some pages you can order products directly. The information we collect will depend on the device that you use, any orders placed and your privacy settings, but may include the following data about you.
- any information that you provide by filling in one of our enquiry or other forms on our site. Such information may consist of: your name, your contact details, any other information that you provide to us through our site
- a record of any correspondence may be kept if you contact us.
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- information that you provide to us during the course of any work that we may carry out on your behalf.
- Credit/Debit Card Information — Xigen are PCI DSS compliant with Worldpay.
We process this data on the basis of developing our services as well as in marketing and delivering our services to you.
It is possible that information that we have previously collected from your interactions will become identifiable as related to you once you provide personally identifiable information to us, as will all future interactions with our site.
How we use your data
We may use your information solely for the purposes of providing relevant content and services requested by you as set out below and for such other purposes as are specified when additional data is collected.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that our site’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you by post or email with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- to carry our our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to notify you by post or email about changes to our service.
- to carry out or process any instructions given by you to us; and
- to keep you updated with news and details of our services
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We undertake not to retain any of your personally identifiable data any longer than necessary. Data will be retained for the purposes already mentioned in this policy until such a time as it becomes no longer valid or you specifically request its removal.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal information to any other third parties:
- to third parties processing your personal information on our behalf.
- if Xigen Marketing or any of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, in which case we may disclose your personal data to such third party and your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
Job applicants, current and former employees
All of the information you provide during a recruitment process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability. If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details — to process salary payments
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
Security of data
Protecting any personal data that you share with us is a priority. We store your personal data in a secure way and restrict access to your personal data is limited to authenticated staff.
While we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. Transmission of any personal information is at your own risk.
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing and specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you; and specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should put your request in writing; provide us with enough information to identify you.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us.
Marketing and opting-out
We will only contact you by post, email, or phone about our services or promotions where there is a legitimate business interest to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, you can opt out at any time.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. We do not control any information that is collected by such third parties and you should satisfy yourself as to how such third parties may use your data.
Retention of data
We retain your data as it required for business purposes. When it is not required it will be archived or deleted as appropriate.
To contact us please use the contact details on the site.